Monday, October 4, 2010

Very Hungry Caterpillar

Our neighbors recently brought over a box of handed-down books, and in the stack were two tattered copies of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, bringing the total TVHC population in our house to three. In the past couple of weeks, these three books (among the approximately 1,875,323 books we own) have become Nora's constant companions. She brings at least two of them with her just about everywhere. When we finish reading one, she says, "Umm … This book next," and hands us another copy.

It's almost like she's a little obsessed or something.

Here's a video of her reading the book. Apologies for the unfortunate camera angle. I was trying to be sly, since she clams up when she knows she's being recorded, and I didn't consider the whole squatting-in-a-dress factor.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Deidre ~ I have been a reader of your blog for many a moon via my friend Christina. The name SaffronDaisy caught my eye on her page, I hopped on, saw your AMAZING son, and have been hooked ever since. S has made me laugh OUT loud sooo many times & I've loved reading about your kids and adventures as I've brought up two also (not far apart in age to yours), am a work-from-home/juggle-it-all Mom as well, etc. I must say that N's "THLC" post might be THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER. She gives her big brother an intense run for his $$!! :) SO adorable!!! Anyway ~ have been wanting to comment for many moons but have hesitated doing so as I'm a total stranger, and I realize that, and hope you're not totally creeped!! :) [if you want to check me out I'm listed on hers as well; Baby Makes Three...] Thanks for the kiddo cuteness!! :)
~Jill

Deirdre said...

Hi Jill! Welcome, and thanks for the comment. I'll check out your blog too.