Monday, January 19, 2009

32 years


But I don't act a day over 13. Promise.

Such a beautiful birthday. Thanks god, or weather systems, or global warming, for the 64-degree day. Thanks Sidamo for the chocolate cake and non-stop giggles. Thanks Greg for the flowers and wine and delightful companionship. Thanks Nora for sleeping through the night (!!) and all your tender cuddles. Thanks friends for Saturday's celebration and, well, friendship. Thanks universe for the countless blessings.

So, so lucky.

4 comments:

rebekah said...

Happy Birthday! Seriously, you're only 32? And I state my disbelief not on your photos, but your words. Enjoy today - how lucky you get to share the glee with, well, President Obama! (I might be jumping the gun but only by a few hours!!!!)

Julie said...

Glad you had a good birthday, and I agree with Rebekah, You are wise beyond your years. (:

Mama Papaya said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the age. :)

Oh and Figs is adamant that this picture is of me. Pictures of you not making a funny face she agrees are not me. Tongue out, it must be mama. I am taking money out of her college fund tonight to go purchase a bottle of wine.

cathy said...

you will still feel like 13 at 37, too. at least I still do. happy birthday, you amazing woman you!!!