Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Meeting baby sister

Life with babe is going very well! She's just so wonderful. She loves to eat, and as of yesterday was already over her birth weight. Sidamo really seems to like her, but subconsciously the transition seems to be taking a toll on him. He's acting out a bit and sleeping terribly (worse than his newborn sister), but he doesn't seem to make the connection between the new baby and the turbulent emotions. It's a big transition for him, but I'm sure he'll work through it all sooner rather than later. Here are some pics and a video of Sidamo and Nora's first meeting. He was slightly more enthused about the "Awesome Big Brother" sticker (thanks, Leslie!) than about the new human being, but oh well. The last photo is from Nora's first day home. Or was it the second? It's all a blur.








8 comments:

Liza said...

Beautiful, beautiful. And Sidamo looks like such a big boy! Congratulations again and lots of love to you guys!

rebekah said...

Aww... you guys all look awesome. Congratulations!

Having just added one to the one we had - here's the biggest shock I had. Don't laugh. TWO children have to sleep for me to sleep. Duh! Yet the reality of it, exhausting.

Mark and Sarah said...

Ooooh, I'm so glad you got that on video. That is so sweet. Sidamo is going to be such a great big brother to his baby sis. You look great, was that the day after?!?

whatever_heather said...

That was the sweetest video ever!
All this happiness and love is making me emotional! I hope you are feeling great already and everyone settles in soon. I want labor details, too! (Email me!)
:)

Cindy said...

Too Cute!!!

Julie said...

You are such a great mom. I love this video. I linked it on my blog (Hope you don't mind). You look annoyingly gorgeous, by the way, after just having a baby!

Alicia said...

He looks like such a proud big brother! It's a rough adjustment for a little guy - he'll come around. :)

Ok, totally agreeing with rebekah -it was a rough adjustment for mommy - going from 1 to 2 is harder than it sounds! I am sure you guys will do wonderfully and it is so cute now to watch B & E playing together and loving on each other!!

Big hugs to you all!

Maia said...

Awww, you guys look so happy.I'm sure it will be a transition for Sidamo, but he'll learn that the love for him doesn't get taken away.
And you DO look gorgeous.

I have something to drop of for you but haven't had a chance yet.